As the banner I spotted today reminded me, this week is Taiwanese American Heritage Week, part of May’s national Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. How might one celebrate Taiwanese American Heritage Week on the Internets? Here are some ideas:
- Visit TaiwaneseAmerican.org.
- Pick up or brush up your Taiwanese, Hakka, aboriginal languages, or Mandarin.
- Make/find some Taiwanese foods like o a jian (蚵仔煎), ba wan (肉圓), or ba zang (肉粽).
- Learn more about the history of Taiwan and of Taiwanese Americans.
- Wear a Jeremy Lin jersey.
- Support your local Taiwanese American artists and entrepreneurs.
Any suggestions? Add them to the comments!